Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Nan's Cabs - Before and After


A while ago I recieved some fab cabs from Nan at Spirited Earth and I posted "Before" pictures. So here are a few "After" pictures to go with them.

I didn't want to do anything too fancy because I was afraid of taking the focus off of the cab. So I just did a little bead embroidery in matte colors and made it into a brooch.


I got a little more daring with the Sand Dollar. I used a few metallic seed beads and hung a copper starfish and some crystals from the bottom. I think this is my favorite.

This was my favorite cab before I started messing with it. I LOVE the owl. I decided to leave the gold netting and put down a base of cream colored matte beads and then added the oak branch.
I think you'll agree with me that the cabs I did the least to are the best finished product.
I'm still playing with the rest of the batch. These 3 will be in my Etsy shop within the next day or two.

1 comment:

  1. oh the owl is lovely, I Really like that one. you are very clever and make such beautiful unique pieces.

    Leanne x

    ReplyDelete

Please weave a web of words for all to see.