Sunday, February 6, 2011

New Beadwork

I wanted to share some of the new beadwork I've been working on. The first is one of my most favorite brooches I've ever made. I used this beautiful cabochon from Spirited Earth and wrapped her in bronze netting. I call her the Empress because she reminds me of the Empress in the Tarot deck. The matte cream beads at top suggest a tiara.

The other brooch I just finished is this little Steampunk Claw Clock. I love the brass bird claws.
I just glued up a new batch of Nan's cabs to bead around, so keep an eye out for more brooches. In adition, I'm beading some small framed pieces. Busy, busy. Both of these brooches are now in my Etsy shop.

9 comments:

  1. You do such beautiful work...I'm truly amazed at the delicacy and the strength of your art. I know that sounds contradictory but it's what I see when I see your art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful ..i especially like the beaded netting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work! The empress looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how your work "evolves."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice and so unique. I love what you have done with the netting only partially covering her hair. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just stunning! I love the Empress!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are really fabulous! It seems like The Empress is the favorite :)
    Great work!

    ReplyDelete

Please weave a web of words for all to see.