Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A Mermaid for Andrew

My blogger friend, Andrew Thornton recently underwent surgery for skin cancer and has been flooded by hospital bills. I remember when I was diagnosed with cancer. I wasn't afraid of the treatment, and I wasn't afraid of dying, but I was terrified that I would bankrupt my family. Luckily, I recieved some help which put my mind at ease. So helping Adrew get a little bit of peace of mind is my way of "giving back".
I have created this necklace, using a ceramic cabochon from Spirited Earth and have it listed now in my Etsy shop. When it sells, all proceeds from it will go to Andrew.
I also sent a message to the Etsy Beadweavers Team (I belong) and many of them have also donated items in their shops to help defray Andrew's medical costs.
I'll be creating a treasury on Etsy on the first of November with all of the donated items. So check back often; I'll keep you updated. Be thinking about Christmas and Hannukah presents or a little something for yourself that will be steeped in good energy because it was part of a great effort among many friends.

4 comments:

  1. this is such a nice thing to do..
    and of course your work is so very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful! I love mermaids.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is gorgeous Cenya, how generous and kind you are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just really a lovely creation!!

    ReplyDelete

Please weave a web of words for all to see.